Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
For best performance full uninteruptable async processing is prefered, with no progress bar
This works well, but the user needs confirmation, e.g. to prevent secondary clicks on the same button.
The only information that can be conveyed, is the process started, stand by; and when it was completed.
- All secondary clicks prevented (with standard browser catch? Lunga did something similar for COA Publication in Bika Water recently
- Display a message when the process starts, e.g. Worksheet W18-0834 has been submitted for Verification. You'll be alerted to its completion
- The user then be returned to a logical next landing page or the system Dashboard
- An Async section to be added to the Dashboard where users can track progress: Tasks submitted and their Start and Completion times
- Failed or timed-out processes be indicated
- NB No Retry button. These best be reinitiated in full context, with potential DB conflicts settled and the UI updated
- When a process completes or fails, the user is informed
in a pop-up