Type: New Feature
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Layout in separate issue, https://jira.bikalabs.com/browse/BC-55
- COC is optional as per selection in Bika Setup. On the Sampling and COC Tab, Enable Sample Chain of Custody. Not all Labs require COC. Enough do for this functionality to be included in the core
- The COC is a Sample / Sample Partition feature and live on the Sample Object, in UI, on a new Sample tab COC
- It should also be accessible from ARs, I propose the same Sample COC be shown on the AR, the many to oen AR Sample relationship makes it possible
Please confirm Pravin K. Mishra:
- Since the ARs are registered before Sampling, the records will be available Client side. The Client user browses to the Batch, select the Samples/Partitions to be transferred, ensure his name is in the Relinquished by field, and the lab's sampler/collector's in the Received by and submit.
- I think the receiver needs to confirm receipt too, on a smartphone (ouch) or Tablet browser perhaps, if not a separate secure logon on the client (key logging) PC. Take own laptop/tablet on cellular network?
- Xfer at the lab to reception will be similar but easier
- The above makes me think Sample gets another workflow step, Collect e.g Sampled -> Collected - Received
What then happens to the COC?
- We leave the form open for adding more xfers, there will be at least 1 more, when the Sample is discarded.
- Eventually to be API'd to Odoo, but is there an email or paper trail too?